This is the Cuke Archives page for what’s being featured each day.
Our other two Zen sites: shunryusuzuki.com - all the transcripts, audio, film, photo archive
and ZMBM.net - for Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind.
New 2021: Audiobook for Crooked Cucumber & Zen Is Right Now: More Teaching Stories and Anecdotes of Shunryu Suzuki
Youtube Cuke Archives - Posts from here also appear on Facebook Cuke Archives
Core Books by and about Shunryu Suzuki -- People Index -- DC home -- DC Books
Cuke Podcasts - Instagram Cuke Archives - - Donate
For personal, environment, music, etc, go to Cuke nonZense Blog and cuke-annex
Search cuke blog 
Search Cuke.com

Friday, February 17, 2017

Rain here and there

When it rains an excesive amount in one place, I suppose it rains less in others. I read about droughts and water shortages but here in Bali and on the west coast of the US where we come from, there's been a ton of rain. The most in ten years here I heard today. A year ago I was reading about the water table drying up. We've had flooding in front of our porch off and on for months - nothing serious, it's fun to walk around it as well we can or through it - and to watch it rise and almost get onto the porch more than some small puddles. But there have been landslides, one which killed seven people. Just read about slides in the Seattle area today. I never get tired of rain though. I get a cozy feeling from it. I love sitting on the porch and working in a thunderstorm. I like it before and after. Walking in the clean air. I imagine in a former life I lived in a desert and died of thirst. - dc